No need to worry if you can’t attend in person!
By popular demand and overwhelmingly positive reviews Abby Yoga Studio is happy to provide online yoga classes!
“I’m so grateful for Abby Yoga offering online classes. The classes provide a sense of continuity and community. I was nervous at first (not great with computers) but there are people in our yoga community willing to help you with that. There are great suggestions for improvising props, if you don’t have any at home.”
“Sooo lovely to be in your class this morning…you are such a knowledgeable teacher. Thank you for the class. You’re in an online teaching groove and your teaching eyes and energy are not hampered by the screens. Amazing!”
We do interactive yoga, much like an in person session. So you’ll login using your camera and microphone just as we will.
You’ll see & hear us and we’ll see and hear you!
This means you get direct feedback of getting in and out of the poses. It feels as close to being in person as can be!
No worries if you don’t have props – we work with you to find solutions with what you have around you. We’re creative and flexible 🙂
- Reserve your spot up to the evening before the class, limited space is available.
- Please sign into the actual class 15 mins prior to start time.
- Class cards can be used.
- If your class card has run out or you just want to join and don’t have a card – regular class rates apply,
PAYMENT: etransfer to (email@example.com) or mailed cheque to mailing address listed on website Contact Page
- Tablets, laptops & desktop computers work best for the virtual classes.
- Plug your device in as a lot of battery power is used.
- Set up your device in an area where your teacher can see you and you can see your screen, therefore your teacher.
Feel free to invite a friend to try, each student signs into the class and pays separately. Waivers will be sent to them and need to be returned ahead of class day.
WHAT WE USE FOR VIRTUAL CLASSES
We use a platform called 8×8
This works best with the free downloaded application.
Download the app via preferred link below or search for 8×8 video meetings in your App Store
STEPS TO JOIN CLASS
- Join/start meeting as guest (No need to log in)
- Enter the name of the meeting – will be sent to you
- Press continue
- Click ‘Join meeting’
- Make sure the microphone & video buttons are on (white circles on either side of red ‘hang up’ circle at bottom of screen)