COVID SAFETY PLAN
Dearest Abby Yoga Family,
I am confident that we can create and maintain a safe environment for our students and our teachers. This is our priority in our planning and we are taking every precaution to operate safely during the Pandemic.
Please read on to see the steps we are taking and to also see the steps we’re asking you, are students to take.
MEASURE WE ARE TAKING TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY:
- Class size will be limited to 6 participants to ensure that every mat will have a 2.5 metre distance in-between.
- Classes will run in 5-week sessions and require registration.
- All props used will be wiped down and switched out in between classes.
- Any soft surface props that may get used in a class will be laundered and not reused after that class.
- Students will enter and leave the studio in a staggered fashion in order to continue physical distancing as recommended by the BC Provincial health officer.
- Students will be asked to treat their studio class time like a silent retreat to minimize talking in class.
- Hand sanitizers will be available upon entry to the studio.
- Hand sanitizers and Kleenex will be kept in and around the studio for use as needed.
- Teachers will not be making physical adjustment unless it’s a safety issue.
- If a physical adjustment is needed for safety reasons the teacher will wear a mask and use hand sanitizer before making any hands-on touch.
- Teachers will teach from a mat that is 2.5 meters from all mats in the studio.
- There will 30-minutes between classes to sanitize all contact points, mats and props with products approved by health Canada.
- The bathroom and common areas will be sanitized multiple times a day.
- Teachers will check their temperature every morning, and will stay home if their temperature is elevated or if they feel unwell. Keep an eye out for our class cancellation notices before leaving home.
- We will be taking measures to facilitate airflow, in the studio.
- We’re staying informed and taking all steps recommended by public health officials.
WE NEED YOUR HELP TOO!
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell, if you are at high risk of infection, or if you have recently returned from travel. We would be happy to set up a make up class or a virtual class for you.
- Please arrive for class no earlier than 15 minutes prior to class time to minimize the number of people waiting outside the entry door
- Students will practice physical distancing while in class, entering and leaving the studio as recommended by the BC Provincial health officer
- Please use the hand sanitizer when you arrive and leave the studio. It will be available upon entry and though out the studio.
- Students are required to sign into class to declare that they do not have a fever or cough. And have not come in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or travelled outside the province in the last 14 days.
- Please try to avoid bringing in personal belongings that you don’t need for your class. Consider leaving your phone, or jacket in the car.
- Students are welcomed to bring their own sanitized mat, one blanket/towel, belt and blocks into the studio. They are to be carried directly to your mat.
- If you do not have your own props, no worries sanitized mats and props needed for class will be at each station minimizing entry into the prop room.
- Students are required to use a mask upon entry into the studio until they are on their own mat.
- Students can remove the mask or keep it on during the class if that makes you feel comfortable. Please wear one if you have a cough. Even if it’s just allergies.
- Students are required to wear a mask when going to the washroom or to get a prop.
- Please bring your own mask. If you forget your mask, we will have a disposable one available for a toonie.
- If you sneeze, please sneeze into your elbow and use the hand sanitizers available in the studio or wash your hands after.
Please consider using an e-transfer for payment before the sessions start.
Thank you for your attention and co-operation as we all learn to deal with life in the “New Normal”!!!
Please watch for the class schedule and registration details this week
“Our practice must be done with courage and caution” BKS Iyengar