Reflexology in Abbotsford
Eileen is Certified in Lymphatic massage and Aromatherapy graduating from the BC institute of Holistic studies practicing since 2006.
Reflexology is an ancient healing therapy dating back thousands of years. Egyptian, Oriental, Eastern and European cultures have practiced some form of “footwork” throughout time dating back thousands of years to 3500BC.
This natural healing therapy has evolved and developed over time to what we know and call Reflexology today. Reflexology involves pressing or compressing a specific series of spots or reflex points on the feet. Applying pressure to different points on the feet activates and engages reflex points that correspond to all the systems and parts of the body.
The function of reflexology is to positively affect the body and mind through the working or application of pressure on these reflexes. You can now get reflexology in abbotsford here at Abbotsford Yoga Studio.
10 Benefits of Reflexology
- Reduces stress and encourages deep relaxation of all body systems
- Lymphatic and cardiovascular circulation is improved
- Improves digestion
- Detoxification removing toxins from the body
- Helpful in reliving Migraines and Headaches
- Eases side effects of cancer treatments
- Helps balance hormones
- Beneficial for pregnancy during labour and can reduce the chances of post-partum depression
- Speeds healing the combination of increased nerve activity and circulation means cells regrow faster
- Balances metabolism
*Eileen is a Certified Reflexologist graduating from the BC Institute of Holistic Studies and practicing since 2006.